domingo, 8 de junio de 2014

Guide 4 - Activity 1 – Vocabulary and Grammar

1.       Vocabulary

1.1.1 Develop the activities proposed in Tell me More for this section. Go to http://www.tellmemorecampus.com/
1.1.2 Open your Market Leader book on page 97 and develop exercises A to C on internal communication.
A How do companies communicate with employees? What methods can you think of?
How do companies communicate with employees?
the company communicates with employees through meetings, bulletin board, and more by technology such as e-mail almost always used in the gmail companies because there are various applications to be an easy means of magnetic manipulate both the company and the employee.
What methods can you think of?
1.        listen
2.        accept the feelings of another person
3.        put in place other
4.        ask
5.        be patient
6.        not compete with others
7.        be honest and help people

B How do companies communicate with words from the box
Company  intranet          electronic        face to face           print       workplace

These days, companies are spending more time and money on improving internal communication. This is the communication which takes place inside an organization .Communication will be downwards (from managers to junior staff),upwards (from staff to managers) and across( between staff),as well as between individuals and groups of people. There are  various  channels which can be used .These can be divided into five main areas:
1.        Print: paper-based communication ,e-g magazines,newspapers.newsietters,letters,notes and messages
2.        Face to face : direct contact with other people,e.g.one-to-one meetings, team meetings,forums,conferences,briefings
3.        Workplace: physical objects in the working environment or workspace,e.g. notice boards, sings
4.        Electronic: communication using computers ,phones ,televisions , etc.,,e.g.  , DVD,email,voicemail,sms messages, electronic newletters,conference calls
5.        Intranet :using social media to create an internal community , e.g. posting profiles, writing blogs  and wikis  , starting discussion forums .etc. Many leaders write internal blogs. Employees may join chat rooms, forums or message boards to post ideas and comments or upload  images and discuss with other employees  around the world. They may also be able to download information from the intranet.
Improvements in communication lead to better-inforned.happier and more motivated employees, who will become more loyal to their company.
C Match each of the words in red in exercise B to one of these definitions
1.        Move information from a network to a pc
2.        Web page written by an individual company  Intranet
3.        Put information from a pc onto a network (2 words)
4.        Methods of communication Electronic
5.        Knowledge –sharing site Workplace
6.        Chances for people to discuss subjects Face to face
7.        Meetings where information or instruction are given Workplace
1.1.3 Now open your Market Leader book on page 105 and develop exercises A to C on company cultures.
A Different companies have different cultures and ways of working. Complete these sentences with the items in brackets. One of the items in each section cannot be used
Dress (uniforms, casual Fridays, weekends clothes)
1.        We don’t have to wear business suits at the end of the week .My company has a system of casual Fridays.
2.        In many banks, staff can’t can’t wear what they like . They have to wear uniforms
Timekeeping (flextime/part – time /shift work)
3.        For two weeks each month, I work at night .I can’t sleep during the day .I hate flextime
4.        We have a  shift work    system in our office. Some people choose to work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; others work from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Time off (childcare/annual leave /public holiday)
5.        I am so busy at the moment that I worked on New Year’s day, Which is a (n)   public holiday
6.        How many days’  annual leave    do you get in your company?
Reporting procedures (written report / face to face/ e-mail)
7.        We often speak on the phone , but never face to face
8.        He uploads a(n)      e-mail    on the company intranet each month
Types of meeting (informal/formal/social)
9.        Our department starts every day with a(n)   informal          meeting. It is very relaxed
10.    Companies have an Annual General Meeting (AGM) once a year. It is a very social    meeting, with a lot of people
Names (job title/first name/family names)
11.    In some countries , the company culture is formal .Staff use   first name         when they speak to each other
12.    What’s your    job title              now? Are you chief executive?
B Would you like to work for an organization which has:
1.        Uniforms?
2.        A lot of formal meetings?
3.        Casual Fridays?
4.        Flexible hours?
none of the four I like, but I like my schedule that I have at work that is by turns that is easier and I have more time on my personal stuff and organize more time for study and work and personal life

C Match each phrase (1-5) to its explanation (a-e)
Positive company culture….

1.        Empowers employees         (c)     a) New ideas and change are welcome
2.        Supports innovation               (a)      b) Relationships between employees

And managers are open and honest
3.        Is customers focused          (d)         c) Staff have a lot of control over their

Work
4.        Rewards good performance    (e)       d) The needs and wants of the

Customers always come first
5.        Encourages trust at all levels   (b)    e) There is an incentive scheme for

Efficient employees
1.1.4 On page 113 of your Market Leader book, develop exercises A to C on skills and abilities.
A Complete the first part of the advertisement below with the verbs from the box. Use the words in brackets to help you

Cope with      develop      improve     increase     lead   set up        train

KARADA MODE PLC
EUROPEAN MANAGER €95K +CAR
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are looking for a talented person for this position.in this exciting job,you will need to:
1.        Lead  a team of 25.(be in charge of)
2.        Cope withA new branch in Amsterdam .(start)
3.        train         New staff.(teach)
4.        increase           Sales in all markets.(make more)
5.        develop          New products.(create)
6.        improve         Communication between our head office and local branches.(make better)
7.        Set up            Strict deadlines and work well under pressure.(manage)

B Complete the second part of the advertisement with the verbs from the box
Deal with    manage    motivate    organize  plan

THE PEARSON
In your present job,you:
1.        plan           A large department in the clothing industry . (control)
2.        Deal with   Budgets,(think about the future)
3.        organize   Sales conferences and trade exhibitions .(arrange)
4.        manage    Customers, suppliers and their problems.(take action)
5.        motivate   Employees and sales teams to get the best results.(encourage)


C Describe your role in your present or a past job. Use the verbs from Exercises A and B
In my present job, T lead a team of three
In my last job, I trained staff to use the new it system
in my present job, I lead a group of 7 people
in my present  job, train new staff
in my present job, develop new products everyday
in my last job, plan to have a greater national recognition
in my present job, organize conferences every 8 days to be always updated with the machines that manipulate
in my present job, motivate the employer to do more innovative
1.1.5 Ir sobre objetos de aprendizaje 1 y probar lo que has aprendido en el vocabulario.

1.2 Grammar
1.                      1.2.1 Develop the activities proposed in Tell me More for this section. Go to http://www.tellmemorecampus.com/
1.2.2 Open your Market Leader book on pages 98 and 99: Develop exercises A to F of Language Focus 1.
A Complete these sentences using sentences using the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets
1.        Is   Max coming  to the meeting tomorrow?(come)
2.        No, he is not in the office .He  travelling      on business al week.(travel)
3.        He is  not  comingback until next Monday.(come)
B Complete this text using the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
I’m meeting (meet) Mr Yamashiro next week .He is arriving  (arrive) on Tuesday night.On Wednesday ,I am taking  (take) him to the factory  .I am not seeing (not see) him on Thursday ,but I am driving (drive) him to the airport on Friday.
C Look at your diary.Talk about three or four things you are doing next week
I’m attending a seminar on Friday morning
I’m visiting friends at the weekend
I'm jogging every day
I'm playing every 3 days in the week with my friends
I'm taking my niece to school
I'm working this week afternoon shift
D Complete these sentences using going to
1.        The computers are very slow.What  are    we going to do about it?
2.        We are  not going to buy new computers.I think it’s too expensive
3.        We are going to upgrade the software instead
E Listen to Janine and Patrick talking about their plans for next year . Decide whether these sentences these sentences about their plans are true(T) or false (F) .Correct the false ones
1.        Janine is going to change her job .(T)
2.        She is going to do a curse (T)
3.        She is going to go abroad for her summer holiday (F)
not her, she does not plan to travel out
4.        Patrick is going to change his job (F)
will not change the work
5.        He is going to move to a new house/flat (T)
6.        He is going to buy a new car
He is going to buy a new motorbike
F Tick( ) the plans below which are true for you .Add four more plans to each list
Fixed arrangement for next week                         intentions for next year
Go away for the weekend     ()                                   change jobs
Go on a business trip                                                 Do a course
Attend a meeting          ()                                           Go abroad on holiday ()
Write a report /an essay                                            Move to a new house/flat ()
Entertain business visitors ()                                     Do more exercise ()

1.2.3 Open your Market Leader book on page 101: Develop exercises A to E of Language Focus 2 (all exercises can be developed individually).
A Work in pairs .Find the sentences with mistakes and correct them
1.        Desk phones and desktop computer disappear in the next five years
Desk phones and desktop computers will disappear in the next five years
2.        Most companies will be open for business 24/7
3.        As a result ,it not be easy for staff to have a good work-life balance
As a result , it won't be easy for staff to have a good work -life balance
4.        I will think most companies use social networking tools for internal communication
5.        In many big companies, video conferencing will replace face to face meetings
6.        As a result , managers no spend as much time traveling for work
as a result , managers won't spend as much time traveling for work
7.        I no think companies will use e-mail ,except for external communication
Do you agree with presictions?
if they agree with the predictions that are very consistent with what happens today in most of us
B Work in pairs .Make a list of three or four changes you think will happen in office communication.Share your ideas with another pair
C Complete the sentences below with future time expression from the box
End of       five years’      in the next       july   next    the day after    time  tomorrow

1.        Sales of luxury cars will double by next year
2.        I’ll send you a copy of the report  end of           morning
3.        We’ll finish the work before the  in the next         June
4.        I’ll be back in the office   july      tomorrow
5.        We’ll finish the work on the new building  next five year
6.        In two weeks       the day after       , we’ll review the budget
7.        We will need to modernize our factory       time       two years
8.        Most people will have a fast broadband  connection  at home   in    tomorrow          time
D Match the statement (1-5) to the offers (a-e)
1.        I don’t have a hard copy of the report   (b)       a) I’ll carry one for you
2.        I can’t find Sara’s address      (e)             b) I’ll print it out for you
3.        I think it’s time to go home      (a)             c) I’ll get a drink from the machine
4.        These boxes are so heavy     (d)         d) I’ll give you a lift to the station
5.        I’m very thirsty                        (C)          e) I’ll  e-mail it to you
1.2.4 Now go over exercises A to C on page 107 of your Market Leader book about the use of should/shouldn’t.
A Complete the sentences below using shouldn’t and phrase from the box
Speak to our boss     buy an expensive computer system    be late       develop a better website      stay three days
1.        Our online business is bad
We  should develop a better website
2.        Our team is working too many hours
We should stay three days
3.        The meeting is very important
We shouldn't  be late
4.        She wants to visit a lot of customers in Spain
We should  speak to our boss
5.        We have to control our costs
We shouldn't buy a expensive computer system
B Give the opposite advice by using Should,Shouldn’t or I don’t think
1.        I think he should get a salary increase
I don’t think he should get a salary increase
2.        I think we should launch the new product now
i don't i think we should launch the new product now
3.        She shouldn’t take every customer complaint seriously
She should take every customer complaint seriously
4.        I think staff should  fly economy on every trip
i don't i think staff should fly economy on every trip
C Work In pairs .Your colleague is going on a business trip . Take turns to ask for and give advice using the notes below
A: I’m going on a business trip. Do you have any advice?
B:ou shouldn’t stay in an expensive hotel
A:it should keep all your receipts for travel and restaurants
B:it should take plenty of business cants
A: it  shouldn't arrange a lot of appointments on the same day
B:it shouldn't be late for appointments
A: it Should write a short report after each meeting
B: it Should keep all your receipts for travel and restaurants
1.        Stay in an expensive hotel . X
2.        Take plenty of business cants.:)
3.        Arrange a lot of appointments on the same day.X
4.        Be late for appointments.X
5.        Write a short report after each meeting.:)
6.        Keep all your receipts for travel and restaurants . :)
1.2.5 Develop exercises A to E on page 109 of your Market Leader book about the use of could/would.
A These questions were asked on a plane journey.Decide whether they were asked by the flight attendant (F) or the passenger (P)
1.        Could I have another drink, please? (P)
2.        Would you like a newspaper? (F)
3.        Could you show me how to turn on the light ,please? (P)
4.        Would you like another drink? (F)
5.        Could I have some mineral water ,please? (P)
6.        Would you like coffee or tea?(F)
7.        Could you fasten your seat belt, please? (F)
8.        Could you help me find the movie channel ,please? (P)
B Which of the questions in Exercise A are offers, and which are requests?
OFFERS
REQUESTS
Would you like a newspaper?
Could I have another drink, please?
Would you like another drink?
Could you show me how to turn on the light ,please?
Would you like coffee or tea?
Could I have some mineral water ,please?

Could you fasten your seat belt, please?

Could you help me find the movie channel, please?
C you are at a hotel reception desk. Use the verbs  in brackets to make polite requests
1.        You need a map of the city.(have) Could I have a map of the city, please?
2.        You want to go to a good restaurant .(recommend)
Could you recommend a good restaurant ,please?
3.        You didn’t hear that.(say)
Could you say that again,please?
4.        You want a photocopy of a document.(copy)
Could you copy this document for me, please?
5.        You want your bill.(have)
Could I have my bill?
6.        You want a taxi(call)
Could you call me a taxi,please?
D listen to the request in Exercise C to check
E  Listen again. How does the other person reply?
1.2.6 Complete exercises A to E on page 114 and A and B on page 117 of your Market Leader book.
Pag 114
A  Complete these sentences with the present perfect form of the verbs in brackets
1.        I have given (give) two presentations this month
2.        I   have not sent   (not send) any e-mails today
3.        He    has changed   (change) jobs recently
4.        Magda  has been    (be) away on business al week
5.        They have not had   (not have) any experience in negotiating
B Match the job interview questions (1-5) to their answers (a-e)
1.        How many jobs have you had since leaving university?
(E)
1.        I now have more responsibility and I plan the sales strategy for the team
2.        Why have you changed jobs so often ?
(C)
3.        Well,I lead the sales team.I’m also chairperson of a local business association
4.        What have you done that shows leadership?
(b)
5.        I wanted to get experience of sales in different industries
6.        In What ways has your job changed since you joined the company ?
(a)
7.        Well,the boss in my last company wasn’t very easy to work with
8.        Have you ever worked with a difficult person?
(d)
9.        I’ve worked for six companies
C Now listen and check your answers
D Complete these interview questions the present perfect form of the verbs in brackets
1.        How have you changed  (you change) over the last five years?
2.        What software programs  you used   (you use) reentry?
3.        What  have you learned    (you learn) from your other jobs?
4.        What sort of problems  you had    (you have) to deal with?
5.        What part of your job  you enjoyed   (you enjoy) the most?
6.        Which  countries  you visited    (you visit)for work/study?
E Work in pairs .Ask and answer the questions in exercise D
1.        How have you changed  (you change) over the last five years?
I have grown more as a person, and I have achieved so far as q in the 5 years I've been in the business as buying my material things and continue my studies I've met so far
2.        What software programs  you used   (you use) reentry?
I really like the program cmap tools, excel, tell me more I practice so far
3.        What  have you learned    (you learn) from your other jobs?
Ask more responsible, have new knowledge and to be more innovative so give a new perspective to the company in which I am
4.        What sort of problems  you had    (you have) to deal with?
not so far in the business I had no problems, very common with my fellow
5.        What part of your job  you enjoyed   (you enjoy) the most?
as I'm in office right now it's ceramic decorator, but I do not dislike what I've been through that I find very cool
6.        Which  countries  you visited    (you visit)for work/study?
Well I have not gone away at work and in the studio

Pag 117
A Read this profile about Martin Reed’s career. Choose the past simple or the present perfect form of the verbs to complete it.
I think had/have had an interesting career. I studied /have studied at oxford University from 1997 to 2000.Then  I applied / have applied for jobs abroad. I worked / have worked in Hong Kong for three years, and then I came/have come to japan in January 2004.I have been/was here form more than eight years and I still love it .I’ll never go back  to the UK.
During my career, I did /have done a number of different jobs,too.i sad /have sold computer software in Hong Kong.I taught /have taught English for my first year in japan.Since then , I ran/have run  my own training company .it is very successful
B tick () the expressions below that you can use to complete this sentence .
Mr. Kato has been very busy….
This week ()                                 for the last two weeks  ()
Last week                                   yesterday
Since Monday  ()                         Today()
Last month                                  recently

Two weeks ago

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario