domingo, 27 de abril de 2014

Activity 1 grammar






1.2.1 Develop the activities proposed in Tell me more for this sectio


·  1.2.2 Open your Market Leader book on pages 10 and 11: Develop exercises A to F of Language Focus 1, and A to C of Language Focus 2.
Focus 1
To be
A.Complete this information about Maristella with short forms of the verb to be.

My name’s Maristella. I’m Brazilian and I’m from Sao Paulo .I ‘m a research analyst for an investment bank in New York .I’m married with two children , a boy and  a girl. They are at high school in Scarsdale .My husband    is             American and he is   a doctor .My sister is   in New York; too .she  is   a student at Columbia University. We are    all interested in sports and movies. My son    is a good tennis player.

B.Listen and check your answer

C Complete this chart about yourself. Then introduce yourself to a partner



1 Name  Manuel Fernando Ballesteros Camargo

2 Job    I’m a(n) ceramic decorator

3  City  I’m from sopó(cund)

4  Nationality Colombia
5  interests finish my studies and aim higher position I am exercising
6 Favorite sports bicycling and jogging




D. Now write a paragraph about your partner .Use the text in Exercise A as a model
My partner's name is Andrea Roa she is Colombian, works as assistant accountant in a company of plastic from Sopo (cund), she is a student of accounting issues from the agricultural university of Colombia, likes shopping, gym and go jogging.
E Complete these sentences with negative forms of  to be
1 She’s Russian  , but she isn’t    from Moscow
2 They’re Japanese ,but they are not   from Tokyo
3 He’s German , but he is not  from Munich
4 I’m in sales , but I am not the manager
5 The office is in paris , but it is not  in the centre
6 Her name is Sophia , but she is not   Italian
LANGUAGE FOCUS 2
A/AN WITH JOBS ;WH-QUESTIONS
A Write  the correct (a/an) for each job
An Accountant       an architect   an artist   a cashier   a consultant    a director     a doctor           an engineer   an Executive   a journalist   a lawyer     a manager    an office worker   an optician   a personal  assistant (PA)    a Pilot  a  receptionist  a research analyst    a sales assistant                        a technician        a telephone operator     a trainee

B  Work in pairs . talk about your job and the jobs of your family and friends
I am ceramic decorator in Corona SA, my partner is an accountant assistant in PELPAK, my sister is studying management company in uniamericana college, my brother is in college studying 11th and wants to study veterinary, my dad is a bus driver Sopo and my mom is a housewife, I have two best friends Robinson is decorator ceramic Corona S.A and study sena maintenance of machines, arley is decorator ceramic Corona S.A and study English in American syster
C   C.D1.11 -1.13 listen to three people talking about their jobs and complete this chart



Pierre
Gustavo
Silvia
What is his/her job?
An engineer
A lawyer
An architect
Where is he /she from?
Switzerland
Argentina
Sicily
Where is his / her  office?
Singapore
A New York
Rome
What does his/her partner do ?
A Consultant
A journalist
A househusband

·  1.2.3 Now go over exercises A to B on page 17 of your Market Leader book about present simple.
LANGUAGE FOCUS 1
Present Simple
A.        Darren Throop works for entertainment One , a media company in Toronto ,Canada . Complete the article below about his working day using the verbs from the box


Checks   does   drives    finishes     gets    has       likes   makes              spends          travels
 


Darren Throop gets  up at  6 a.m . and  does    some  exercise  in the gym in his house .At about 6.30 ,he  has     breakfast  for his two daughters. Then he   checks   his e-mails in his home office . He   drives    to work. At lunch time, he  finishes  a salad at his desk .at work ., he     spends      a lot  of time in meetings  and on conference calls .He makes his office day at about  5 p.m .He  travels  on business a lot so he   likes      to spend all his free time with his family.

B.        Complete this information about Masami Kimura .Use the correct form of the verbs in brackets

I’m Masami Kimura and I’m married with two children , Aiko and Katsuki .they go  (go) to an international school. My husband’s name is Seito.He Works     (Work) for a shopping company, and I    Work   (Work) for an international securities company .

We    live      (live) in Tokyo , near Shinjuku. I  travel   (travel) to work by subway ,but Seito      drives     (drive) to Work .We Both   like   (like) sports and travelling .At the weekend , we  Play    (play)   golf or we  go       (go)  camping .
·  1.2.4 Develop exercises A to E on page 19 of your Market Leader book about how to use expressions of frequency.
Language focus 2
Adverbs and expressions of frequency
A.        Write the words in brackets in the correct place in these sentences
1.        She usually up early. (Usually)
2.        They always start  their first meeting at nine o 'clock (Always)
3.        We are never late for meetings (never)
4.        I am often busy in the afternoon (Often)
5.        The sometimes office closes at 3 p.m (sometimes)

B Read these pairs of sentences .Cross out the incorrect word in sentence b)of each pair
1.        A )He reads the papers every day
B)He Always /sometimes reads the papers
2 A) We eat in the company cafeteria  four times a week
    B)We Usually/Sometimes eat in the company cafeteria
3 A)I work late once a month
   B) I Usually /Sometimes work late
4 A)The managers don’t go to business dinners at the weekend
   B) The Managers /sometimes go to business dinners at the weekend
5 A)The company Director travels on business twice a week
    B)The company Director always/often travels on business


C CD.1.25 -1.27 An interviewer asks three people about their typical day .Listen and complete this table


Mark
Isabelle
Dan
1
What do you do when you get to work?
Say hello to colleagues , check e-mail
First,I check my email and my diary
then check my blackberry and reply to important e-mails
2
where do you have lunch ?
The other days I have lunch with colleages in a restaurant
I don’t stop for lunch.i usually have a sandwich at my desk
I usually have lunch in the company restaurant
3
How often do you travel on bussines ?
I always go to the fashion shows in paris and new york
I  nevewr travel for work , I am always in the office
I visit the sales office in south Africa three times a year
4
What do you do at the weekend ?
On Saturday nights, I meet friends for a meal or we go clubbing
On Saturday evenings
On Sunday mor5nings I play golf



E Work in pairs .Ask and answers these questions .Add your own
HOW OFTEN DO YOU
1 Play Sports?
Rta: I play football
2 Use a mobile phone?
Rta: yes
3 drive to work /college/University?
Rta: driving to work and to college
4 go to gym/fitness centre?
Rta: I do not, but like cycling
5 Entertain at home?
Rta: listen to music and watch TV
6. Go on business trips?
Rta not
7 go abroad on holiday ?
Rta:not
8buy a newspaper /magazine?
Rta: sometimes
·  1.2.5 Complete exercises A to E on page 25 and A to B on page 26 of your Market Leader book.
A Work in Pairs .Match the question (1-6) to the answers (a-f)
1 what do you think about the new boss]?         a) Peter,He's your line manager
2 What time does the meeting start?              B)He has to pay for the office party
3 Where does she live?                                   C)You can leave at five o’clock
4 Why does he need the money ?                   D)She’s very efficient
5 Who do I report to ?                                     E)In the city centre
6 When do I finish work?                                  F) it starts at two o’clock
B Put these words in the correct order to make questions
1 weekend/work/they/Do/at/the/?
Do they work at the weekend?
2 Pierre/in/sales/does/Work?
Does Pierre sales in work?
3 You/do/travel/abroad/how/often?
How do you travel abroad often?
4 You/spell/How/business/do?
How do you spell business
5 finish/does/the/meeting/when?
When does the finish meeting?
C Ask and Answer these question
1 A: What time/start Work?
   B: What time do you start work?
Rta: I have three different shifts at work that are 6 am to 2 pm, 2 pm to 10 pm and 10 pm to 6 am
2 when /finish works?
When do you finish works?
Rta: I finish work in the afternoon
3 Where Do you Work?
Rta : I Work in Sopò
4 Who Do you  Report to ?
Rta: i informed my boss
5 How Often Do you Work at the weekend ?
Rta: I work with the turn in this week and every month that weekend break
D
1 I like meetings.(presentations)
like meetings , but I don’t like presentations
2 We Waste a lot of paper .(electricity)
We Waste a lot of paper,but  we don’t a lot of electricity
3 They agree about most things (money)
They agree about most things,but they don’t agree about most money
4 Susan sends a lot of e-mails.(foxes)
Susan sends a lot of e-mails, but Susan doesn’t sends a lot of e-mails
5 Our management team discuses business strategy(employee problems)
Our management team discuses business strategy ,but our  don’t management team discuses employee problems
E Tick (" " ) the sentences that are true for you .change the other ones to make them true .then compare and discuss your sentences in pairs  
1 I agree with my manger about everything (" " )
2 I don’t work in teams very often   I do work in teams very often
3 I always come to work /college on time (" " )
4 I don’t like giving presentations     I do like giving presentations
5 I never take work home in the evening or at the weekend  
 I always take work home in the evening at the weekend
LANGUAJE FOCUS 2
HAVE SOME ANY
A Make sentences about what Marco has and doesn’t have
1.        Marco Has a company car. He doesn’t have a sat –nav
1 A company  car    (" " )                                                        a Sat Nav  X
2 an iphone          X                                                                     an Ipad(" " )
3 an interesting  job     (" " )                                                 a high Salary X
4 a nice boss         X                                                Some great colleagues (" "
5 a desktop computer at work     X                                        a laptop (" " )
2.        Marco doesn’t  has an iPhone .He have an Ipad
3.        Marco Has an interesting job. He doesn’t have a high salary
4.        Marco doesn’t have a nice boss. He has a laptop
B Complete these question with does have and do have
1.                    Do you have a new mobile phone?
2.                    What kind of car have she does?
3.                    Does the company have a restaurant?
4.                    Do  all the rooms have air conditioning?
5.                    Do  I have  time to finish this?





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario